Spring Break

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Today is Wednesday. I got up too late again. I drunk a lot of tea and I began to write a paragraph about the trip to the American Indian museum. When does it end (home work)?
And I did it whole day. I was thinking about my other classmates during I worked. How do they do homework quickly? How do they manage? I work too slowly.
In the evening I decided to go shopping for shot time to the Friendshipheigh (there is metrostantion from our appartment building about half an hour to walk). There are several big stories there. Somebody asked me "Maira, Maira" . I wondered, who knows me?
And I recognised the homeless person, who knows me from the Georgetown library. At first time, when I couldn't say one english word I was happy any person, whose wants to talk with me. So he remembered me. I spent some time with him talking about his difficult life and I returned home. It was cold outside, I was cold.

2 Comments:

  • From this entry, I realize that you live within walking distance of Friendship Heights. That's a very nice area!

    It is kind of you to spend some time talking with the homeless man. People often ignore the homeless, perhaps because they feel afraid or uncomfortable. As a result, many homeless people begin to feel as if they are invisible. I think your talking with this man was probably a real treat for him.

    I feel sorry for the homeless when it is so cold outside. I wonder how they manage to survive on the street.

    You cannot know how slowly you work compared to your classmates. I think you take a lot of time and effort when you do your work. That's a good thing. Some things need more attention than others, however. It isn't necessary to get everything perfect all the time. Sometimes it helps to relax and let yourself go in your target language, without worrying too much whether you understand every detail or have gotten every word correct.

    By Blogger Nina Liakos, at 7:31 AM  

  • hey Maira:
    Don't be upset. All of us feel the same. I think you do wonderful job . Don't blame yourself.We are just learning. We have to be patient. Always we say the road of 1000 miles starts with one step.

    By Blogger Eman AlKindi, at 11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home